Let it be known I am crazy lazy when it comes to breakfast. As a child Quaker maple brown sugar instant oatmeal was my daily breakfast of choice. As much as I want to be a breakfast person I just can’t do it.
What truly holds me back is the time it takes to prepare a fully nutritious breakfast.
Enter Overnight Oats…
The joy of overnight oats is that it takes minutes to prepare and the next morning you are greeted with a delicious transportable breakfast you can eat hot or cold.
- 1/4 cup Only Oats rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon Black Chia Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Coconut bourbon vanilla bean coconut spread
- Your choice of granola, seeds, nuts or fruit
- Place oats, chia seeds and hemp hearts in bowl, mason jar or any container with a lid
- Add almond milk and coconut spread (if you don’t have coconut spread add your flavoring of choice – maple syrup, vanilla powder, cinnamon)
- Stir ingredients, place lid on container and place in fridge overnight
- In the morning just stir the oats and place your topping on choice on top!
* I use the Only Oats Gluten Free Rolled Oats